Thread: Indy 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Indy 2017

Hello everyone, Izzy here. First an apology for knowing information and not sharing as quickly as some would prefer. Some of you may recall that I was chosen to speak for us all to coordinate activities at the annual Indy show.

If you have already made hotel reservations, please consider canceling soon. My sincere apologies.

It is true, the traditional Indy show for us is canceled. Specifically, I could not reach an acord with Toy Trucker. Because of this they will not have provisions for anyone wanting to run an Rc truck.
You could however buy into a sales room from her and run you're truck in that room.

Reasons for this situation.
The contract at thevjotrl was due. As such they wanted to double the space costs to Toy Trucker. Therefore they wanted to double our costs. On the surface this didn't seem to bad as it is a three day show for us.
You may have noticed that we have been getting pushed further and further away. That there are more other events happening that we feel intrusive and creating a nuisance to others. Cathy wants us to run the halls but we get stares and offensive looks from other activity guests.
What you don't know is that, not only have we been covering our room cost but we have been supplementing the costs of other rooms as well. That this past year was the first we have gotten a share back of the drivers fees over the agreed coverage amoint. The first year Toy Trucker pocketed several hundred dollars while a select few dished out hundreds each to cover the costs of supplies.

So I talked with many and made a decision to stand our ground. I wanted reduced fees, room cost allowance and food vouchers.

Here is my reason why.

We were there as Entertainment for the buyers of toy trucks. Toy Trucker acts as a promoter to the hotel to fill their rooms with guests. Toy Trucker then charges a per vendor fee for the opportunity to be present. Then Toy Trucker charges a door fee for each guest to attend.
Today trucker not only wanted us to cover our space cost but to supplement other rooms, to pay door charges and to provide a service to attract their guests.