Thread: Indy 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indy 2017

So they really didn't want us there did they?

I get charging us gate, we can wander the show too. I get the promoter should make a little for making it all happen. But i don't get having the entertainment paying welfare for the vendors. Gate to walk the show seemed really low, our rate seemed awfully high, and i don't know anything about vendor rates but with most tonkas, 1/64, and such going for $100+ i think they could probably absorb some cost.

2016 was my first year running at indy, i was suprised at how much attitude i got when i went around the hotel trying to purchase a pit pass. I'm wanting to give you an absurd amount of money to drive a toy truck inside for a couple hours, even if you don't like us, atleast pretend to like my money.

How were we trying to 'steal' their customers? It's not like tamiya or weidco kits or rollers were being sold. Their toys can become rc if someone has the motivation. Converting is not really a great budget option, and in making it more expensive and fun loses value to the collectors. How were we really a threat?

I wish i could have made it to more of the indy shows, the prior show pics always looked great.