View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Exclamation Beginners Guide to buying and building you first truck.

Items needed for a basic truck.

#1 Truck kit of choice.
#2 you will need two servos. HI Tec 645 MG servos are a good affordable choice.
#3 4 channel stick radio
#4 ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
#5 Battery and charger which are compatible with ESC. A 7.2V NiMH is the most common.
#6 Basic tools. Pliers, screw drivers, metric Allen wrenches, and a razor knife.
#7 Paint for painting the body.

Items needed for a truck with an MFU (Multi Function Unit)

#1 Truck kit of choice.
#2 you will need two servos. HI Tec 645 MG servos are a good affordable choice.
#3 4 channel stick radio
#4 MFU (Multi Function Unit) you will not need an ESC as it is built into the MFU
#5 Battery and charger which are compatible with ESC. A 7.2V NiMH is the most common.
#6 Basic tools. Pliers, screw drivers, metric Allen wrenches, and a razor knife.
#7 Paint for painting the body.

The MFU will give you more realism with light and sound effects
Electronics for the truck are all about personal preference. Higher quality electronics are not needed but can make your truck more enjoyable in the long run. In the end it all comes down to your budget.

I recommend buying from your Local hobby shop first, even if they don’t stock the truck kits they can more than likely order them for you. I stress this point because they will be there to try and help you with any problems you may have whereas an online store can’t give you the same personal service. If a local Hobby Shop is not available I would suggest horizonhobby towerhobbies they are both reliable sources for all of your basic truck building needs.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11