View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New MAN 8X8 Dump Truck With Pup

Well This isn't a new build so to speak but it is new to me. I recently traded a couple rigs and got this pretty cool MAN dump truck in return. It looks great and is well built, but I've decided I want to add some of my own personal touches to it and redo a few things. First starts inspection after shipping which seemed good except one fender mount got broke in transit: no biggie, nothing a little glue can't fix for now.

So I opened her up and started looking at the under frame and realized there were two frames spliced together and a bunch of rivets. I'm not a big fan of rivets and especially not in a scale model so there began my gears turning to make new rails all one piece for this truck. I kept going and found out there are a ton of wires in the cab to the mfc so I have some research in the book to do to see how everything works and what radio I should go with but for now that is a side note till I rebuild the frame.

Anyways enough of the chit chat, here are some pics of the truck as I received it and hopefully I can get it broke down and some new rails built soon and have this big guy running again. I sure can't wait to drive this beast with all four axles powered and pulling a load.

Nest of wires under the cab.

And the broken fender mount.

Well now that I have some pics up I can't wait to get started on the truck again, so back to the work bench to start getting things separated and start mocking up the new rails.

Thanks for looking guys and lemme know what you think.

Tyler