View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Swiss Cheese

Well I got a little time to work on the new truck today so I decided to get the frame torn down and get the axles cleaned up and remove all the oil off the model. I started taking parts off and realized that I was getting hungry but I couldn't figure out why at first, then it hit me!!! The frame looked like a piece of swiss cheese. I couldn't believe how many holes were in the frame rails but that's ok as I've got a set of Ric's rails coming and I should be rolling on a new frame around wednesday hopefully.

After I got everything disassembled I decided to take the axles outside and soak them in degreaser and get as much gunk off of them as I could before I got all the new parts to start the rebuild. It took me about an hour to get them all cleaned up well but now they look much better and smell purdy too. I decided while everything was out I'd go ahead and pull the axles apart add new grease and lock the two rear axles yet leave the fronts open so I would have better turning possibly.

Anyways I've gotten quite a bit done today and now it's pretty much just waiting for my new radio to come in tomorrow so I can start figuring out the mfu and then mid week getting the frame built and assembling it all before the weekend. I hope to have atleast a driving truck by friday or saturday and possibly get some video of the mfu working.

Now it's time to start planning a new dump mechanism for the rear that won't leak hydraulic oil all over everything.

Thanks for looking and lemme know what you guys think so far.
Tyler