View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I'm enjoying this new to me hobby (3 years) I've built 4 trucks working on the 5th . They all have been kit bashed and modified . Price wise I keep hunting around and this site has been the best to get a decent deal on and I trust people here . I agree with hobbies slowing down for whatever reason but I think it's all around , I know that with my trains . I also agree with Reg RCP it's no fun trying to load a pic on this site , Mario helped a lot but to many steps , Facebook boom it's there . Photobucket has a burp and nothing works anymore and I'm one who won't spend hours trying to figure out my computer when I can be modelling . I also agree lots of long time builders seem to have disappeared ,and I learn from them . This past summer was great as my wife and I met a bunch of great guys for a swell weekend playing trucks . I think this hobby will pick up faster then trains ,as there is still a human touch to a truck (you can talk to a truck driver and he won't call the cops like a ail road will) I love building a model of a truck I see in town then showing to driver and seeing his reaction that is fun ! Merry Christmas to all Mike