View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:21 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I cant comment on the US side of things>
But this hobby is getting more expencive, kits have just gone up along with the aftermarket stuff, but the good thing is there are parts for pretty much all the rigs now where a few years back you had to make them your self,
As for forums like this and other they have slowed down partly due to FB, but this place FGD started will always be one of my homes ( I have it pinned to my lappy) and read it daily even though I dont always comment I still read everything and there are tones of usefull info and knologable people willing to help or pic there brains,
On the FB side there isnt the etiquet of forums where people start a new post everytime with new photos of updates instead of continuing there OP one and it just gets lost in the many daily / weekly posts>
Them there is the F/S posts where people dump there crap on the groups and charge stupid prices for sh@t>
And then theres the ones that spam the groups with the same posts and you think WTF,
And I its easier for vendors to advertise there products and not have to worry about using a photo hosting site to upload there products, just upload there photos straight to there page and within minuts there followers see whats new, or message people and get a answer straight away......
On forums there is quality stuff and most times you can find a build thread on that build so you know what your actually building.
Sorry for that rant.......

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.