DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fired up View Post
wow looks and works great
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
Wow, Just awesome. That truck truly is a beast.

How did the suspension handle the load. Was it bottomed out, or is there still some travel remaining. What about the drive motor, Do you think it will be able to handle much of a grade. I am sure Joe would love to know if it could make it up his basement ramps to the window outside.
Thanks.....surprisingly there was still some more suspension travel but not much...about 1/4" in front and about 3/8" in the rear...I would say that a load of 110 lbs would be the max for the suspension....can the motor pull that much load up an incline??? Not sure...sounds like a reason to make another video and see what it can do or find out what it can't do!!
I think Joe's ramps are a bit too narrow for this truck...and he would need a bigger "window" to drive out...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus K. View Post
That's an awesome and really beautyful work! Thumbs up!

Markus
Thnaks glad you like it....keep up the great work on your build!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Wow! The Cat 777 is looking better than ever! I can't believe how nice all of the seams look, after you've welded them up. Must have taken a lot of time to get the seams so smooth and perfect. Lots of sanding by hand?
Thanks...it is looking more like the real deal all the time...welding all the seams without warping everything takes some time but sanding all the welds takes even more time, used "Walter" spin on sanding discs to blend all the joints and a table top belt sander from Canadian Tire to help get it all straight.....no hand sanding yet...that will be after using body filler...fun fun...not!!
http://www.walter.com/Walter/en-ca/a...o-flex-spin-on