View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So have you got a protractor handy? Would it be 5°?

Doesn't seem to struggle at all, eh?
I placed a "magnetic angle finder" on one of the 2x4 and read about 6°, that little motor gear box puts out a huge amount of power....and it will hold the truck from moving on the incline....time will tell how long it will last before it tears itself apart???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Looks like that has plenty of power for those open pit mines your going to be digging once you get that shovel built I'm suprised that those boards didn't break under the weight of that machine
It does have plenty of power considering how small the "Banebots" motor/gear box is....but again time will tell how long it will stay together, I could see the last set of planetary gears getting damaged using it to this extreme....surprisingly the 2x4 boards actually didn't even bend much with that much weight on them, I put my weight on them first just to be sure they would be OK...I was hopeing to see them bend more on the video...LOL...the total weight of the truck and load is about 215lbs, now that I finished lining the box the finished truck weighs a back breaking 105lbs OUCH !!! (Someone should have used Alm. instead of steel...LOL...yikes its a tank not a truck!!)