View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Step by Step KH to Day Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
Hey TC, where can you get styrene, and how do fillers work? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I hope to be building a daycab soon, and want to know cab and hood modding inside and out.

I'm not Paul... but If you don't have a local hobby shop that carries styrene then you can order it from Tower Hobbies. Here is the link to it.

The stuff is made by Evergreen Scale Models.

The Tower Hobbies Link

Evergreen Scale Models

As for the filler, you need it to "finish" the body work. The type TC and a lot of the others (Me included, thanks to TC) is made by Evercoat.

You can find it at your local auto body supply place or here

Evercoat.com

The link above is the stuff you want, even though it says "Metal" this is the stuff you want. It's about $40-$45 per quart.

This is a two part filler (Glaze) DO NOT buy the cheaper one part "spot Putty's", the stuff shrinks and cracks and is designed to be used before a glaze any way. Just go right to the good stuff..

Hope this helps

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive