View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hobby Engine Crane overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Great job! I decided to replace all of the motors and gearboxes but now looking back I should have just eliminated the slipper clutches like you did. I'm just afraid 40ft of skyline is going to just shred those gears. I also really like what you did with the tracks but I am going to try and make all metal ones. Key word there is try
Hey thanks , If your going to use a 40ft skyline ,may want to stay with gearmotors or heavy duty servos ,like I mentioned in the first post ,just going to try the factory gearboxes ,some thoughts on the gearboxes after some run time, the g/box for the boom hoist is fine ,works good there ,g/box for the bucket hoist is kinda ify.. pulls down with to much strain ,may replace it one of these days with a heavy duty servo or gearmotor , g/box for the 360 swing is fine ..for this model .
yea, wish I had metal tracks ,lol !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.