View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:55 AM

Prodrvr2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How about more, detailed pics of your trailer builds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Maybe you took me a lil to personally, for that I'm sorry . There is a good amount of detailed trailer builds on here , you just need to take some time and read through the builds in both trucks and construction threads . Most 1:1 trailer manufactures have basic dimensions of their trailers they sell , you just need to do some scaling . All of us , including me, are willing to help ( I just get grumpy at times )
Well I appreciate that. I'm a grumpy bastard too at times. I'm not here to learn how to build trailers to sell. First off, I don't have the time or nearly anywhere near the equipment I see a lot of you guys have to build these things. I don't have tig welders, slip rolls, metal brakes, cnc machines, etc... But the insinuation of me trolling to get info just blew my mind. As mentioned before, besides now getting into r/c semis, I also run crawlers, onroads, boats, and heli's. Every person on forums for those things will gladly go out of their way to post pics, give dimensions, and give you sites to where they got the raw materials...even the guys who make aftermarket parts to supplement their income. I ask for pics and details because I don't want to waste time or money buying things that won't work or styrene that's not the right thickness or the wrong type of tool for the job. It's all about promoting the hobby, not being all secretive about something you create. And by the way, without a patent, anyone can copy and reproduce anything that's out there. To really be an a s s, you can buy someone's trailer, reproduce it all and resell it for less than them and make a nice profit...just saying.