View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Harvester Farmall 1256 (1967-69)

Thanks jerry, this one should go a little quicker since i already kinda know the recipe. (Plus it's got a Turbo)

Did the usual drill some rivets and stuff until parts stop touching. Hacked off the old axle tubes, wallow it out until you can slide in gearmotors. This time we're playing with CA glue and Baking Powder to mount them to the tractor half.

To run wide dual wheels and clear the cab, ertl put on a spacer, then had both rims the same way toward the tractor. Not 'right' or pretty, but i liked the width, and it's about what we'll get with these motor axles. Plus it's gonna be wide enough i should be able to really back up some traffic!

Some shaft couplers, rod, and solder gets me a really long brass 'wheel to gearmotor adapter mount thing'. Turn it down to size that looks about right, glue in wheels.

Then i can run it so on each side we have a wheel set Wide and Narrow. With no ugly Toy wheel stiffener ribs showing.

Before i get too crazy i need to order parts to rebuild front Axle, and probably some suitcase Weights, and other small details from https://dakotahtoyparts.com