Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Clubhouse?

I like the idea of a clubhouse for fellow members with a passion for the r/c trucks and tractors that we have. If it could become a reality for the East Coast Mini-Truckers Club and the Central Plains Mini-Truckers, then it may become a reality for those of us in the western states. We still have a ways to go before we can talk about a clubhouse on our end of the country, but it would be a start.

My ideas and questions weren’t meant to stop the process. It was my way of expressing inspiration for creativity.

Please don’t let the project die. If the other members could evaluate the information and find a centralized location that would be beneficial for all, the project could become a reality in relatively little time. It could have some costly start-up fee’s that could be off-set by several members acting together. Another thought is sponsorship, such as modeling companies like Tamiya & Wedico, as well as the local hobby shops and even paint suppliers, and maybe even private individuals.

In the long-run, non-member participation could be the monetary infusion that could be what funds future events as well as club expansion. It is always a good idea to keep your options open when first starting a project such as this.

Even if the membership count isn’t what you’d hope for. Any number to start with would be good, and then as the club advances, membership would increase with time. In the prospective future, we could have an events building for our hobby that would be similar to the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany.

http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/

As I’ve stated, this project shouldn’t die. Work with the other interested members to make this a reality. It would be a wonderful addition to the world… for us and the public at large. The masses are still unaware of the large r/c trucks and we can bring our passion to them. Let our voice be heard.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."