Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clubhouse?

In any of the hobby organizations I have been involved in there has always been the issue of a permanent location for a group to get together and enjoy want they love. The one major issue we had in our train club was even with committed members we had issues with some having reasons why they couldn't pay one months or more after they had committed, or couldn't donate any of their time to do something with the layout for the club. I personally would have no problem committing to a clubhouse type of situation and giving my time to something like this. We would however have to have atleast a 5 member board of directors to handle details to go further with this idea and then keep all the other members in the loop as to what has been found and what the club is looking at doing.

This is a great idea and I think it would have to be atleast 5000 to 8000 square feet to make it worth while and that way we wouldn't be looking for a bigger place right away. Also when looking for a place we can look at something that has either an area in the back front or side were guys can use their dirt equipment outdoors weather permitting. A space with a wall partition could also seperate the dirt from the clean for some of us who are into our show trucks, and there could be door between so we could go from side to side like driving from one town to the next. This is just my .02 cents on this topic.