View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:09 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwalsh18 View Post
hey i saw your dozer on youtube a while back and wow... i, like everyone else, didn't know it wasn't the real thing at first. really awesome! i decided to post up here after not finding what i was looking for.

i am interested in doing a D11 - 1/16th scale, i want to power it using craftsman drills. would you be able to show me how you mounted yours? did you keep the 2 speed trans (if they had them)? did you use esc or the PWM's? did u remove the gear reduction that connects the tranny to the chuck? what drill did you use? how did you mount to hub? i am anxious to finish planning this build and start building. i highly doubt mine will come close to yours but as long as it functions. i need to put it to work in my yard. any info u have will be appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you do build the 11. Here is the best pick I have of the motors and how I mounted them.

I used the Craftsman 19.2 motors and planetarys. Had to cut off part of the planetary housing to mount them sideways. I did use the 2 speed trany, just haven't put the servo back in it, that shifts it. I used the Sabertooth 2x25, it only draws 6.34 amps after gearing down 4 to 1 of the factory gearing on the drill motors. I tact welded the hub on. Hope some of this helps. If you need anythimg ,just ask. Sorry for the late reply.