View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD Dump Truck - Take II

Thanks Ed.

Well I've been working on this a lot lately trying to get it done before the next decade starts. I had intended to make my own diffs but I just don't want to build something for someone else that might be grief down the road. I'm a bit disappointed in myself because everything but the rear axles will be hand made. Oh well, the fellow I'm building the truck for will like it just the same so carry on we must. The rear suspension is done now finally. It was a lot of PITA work to make all of this come together but I think it worked out fairly well. It has good articulation, looks more like the real deal than anything I could purchase and the springs are STIFF which is good. Another nice feature is that it doesn't flop all over when you pick it up like my truck with the Lesu suspension. I also got the gearbox fitted as well. I like how it worked out looking like an oil pan. It should look good painted Cummins old gold.. Tomorrow I will be trying to sort out the drive shaft situation and then I can start on the body again.