View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

I didn't want to mess with tearing apart too many of the lines so I just pulled the sides off. Had to take tracks off but only have the blade tilt cylinders disconnected.

These are the choices of sprockets. I'm going to try the 11tooth ones. Had 9 on originally. I don't think two more teeth on primary will result in too much speed. And as you can see in the pic the 11t sprocket is good ole steel and lots of it. And I don't have to increase the clearance hole for the sprocket. And I will still have a bearing on the end of the shaft.
You can see the hole where the sprocket sets in. There is a 1/4" flanged bearing in there. I'm not sure what ones I originally had but in a few initial test runs both bearings came apart, ordered some from fast eddy and those seem to be holding up. As a precaution I'm going to throw new in anyway.

I guess this is the real trial and error or testing phase. And I found out weather it's a model I completely designed and built myself or one with instructions I still don't know how it goes together!! Lol!!