View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Block's Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
The truck is looking good Paul. I done almost the same amount of work on an 81 Chevy for my son several years back, gave the truck to him, a couple months later he he tore the front clip off and bent the frame all up. All that work and money for nothing. Should have known better.lol
Thanks Much Joe.. Tristin wont get a chance to tear it up as he wont get to drive it much it all ..

OK lots done this week on the truck. Here we go..

The kid tore after the rear slider window since it was alum finish he taped it all off and etch primed and sealed it then the same black as the wheels and bumpers..

It will go off to get tinted this week so it is ready to go in later next week the cab gets painted on Tuesday.

Ok then we started on the interior parts we could not find a dash and new was not in the budget so repair was the only way to go. I used a glue that is sort of like CA it is for fixing dashes Eastwood Corp makes it then it sands very nice so of like a filler. So after I fixed all the cracks I 60 grit the dash down then hand sanded it with 180 and we used 3m rocker panel spray. We use the corse and the med grade first a lite coat of the corse the many many coats of the med to give it a even texture.

Sealer Primer

Then Burnt Maple was the factory color of the seat so all the trim work same color..

Also we did the A and B pillar trim parts.

Here are the finished parts next to the door panel that came out of the same truck so you can see what they did look like before and after.

Next we did the under side of the dash and the area behind the seat that is not covered by trim parts and needed to be painted the Holly Red..

Now the cab is ready to go to paint next Tuesday and we will work on the door panels this weekend and get them back to new also I have to work on the gas gauge as the wires at the tank need some work and we are coming close to putting ti back together again.

The kid also started working on the front end grill parts he got the head light bezels ready for paint and i got them painted but I want to polish the chrome before I take picks..

Thanks Much Guys for Looking..

Also I forgot a little shop upgrade. Got a FinishLine Air Dryer yesterday man is this thing way better than my 20 year old Sharpe one..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.