View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 03:37 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Having a few electronic/hydraulic issues with the auto header height, the Honey Bee draper header is not following the ground contour as smoothly as it did with the 3 previous combines it was on. I haven't determined yet if it's the combine's software or the potential meters on the header itself... combining 1 day a week for the last month makes it difficult to fine tune the combine, as I try not to waste any time while it's good cutting weather.

30% chance of rain tomorrow... it's been cloudy & cold all week... some guys were talking this morning of trying canola this afternoon... my yard is still a bit muddy, I doubt the spr wht is dry, maybe I try some brown mustard tomorrow to see where it's at for maturity.

I dug thru junkyards this morning looking for brake pot bolts & found 3 useable bolts, the rest were seized in the pot. I found 3 new ones at a couple trk part stores. Finish getting this tractor/pup ready to go this afternoon in case it's too soft for the trk to travel about the field. I ordered a remote camera this morning to help with backing up to the auger, but it won't be here till Monday.

My brother lives in Calgary, I haven't spoke to him yet as to how much the snow has damaged trees in his yard. But yeah, a lot of down trees, a lot of power outages! The area saw nearly two feet of dense snow. I'm sure all the crops in the surrounding area will be flat on the ground! My cereal crops are leaning southward pretty bad, I may have to cut at angle, which will be a little rough crossing the seed rows... I still have more than a 1000ac of spring & winter wht to do yet. The oilseeds are still upright.

Joe