View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I just watched an episode of gold rush (or something like that) and a guy had a trommel named dirt Reynolds,,, so I found a good name. “Joe dirt”

Skeeter, I am using an urethane rubber for the belt. I’ll see if I can get you part number from McMaster. It is specific for conveyors. I could get it in 4” width and x length. As far as lacing the belt, my old sewing machine. Nylon thread. But it can be heat welded. I’ve tested that but I don’t have a heat welder just heat gun and my test pieces got abit warped. It works well just need to make some heated pliers or torch clamps. It’s not know how the longevity of the belt material will hold up. On the discharge conver of the fine material I think no problem. On the input conveyor in the hopper I need to find out. That’s where rocks/sharps will be present. If not good there I’ll just use a straight roller system and other material. Reason I choose this material was overall thickness that will allow the belting to conform to “u” shaped roller assemblies