View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 04:26 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Have not given up on this build yet. Just that too many things need attention at the moment. Nothing really complicated but all just time consuming "deal with it now" things like getting new passport and transfer visa etc. So have spend a considerable time in planes, taxis and official offices.

As I mentioned, I painted some left over Arocs bits, and am happy with the quality of the paint. You can see where I have been scratching it with a screwdriver. Took a decent amount of pressure. It is only the stainless steel bits that will need sanding to roughen them up. Would love to bead blast them but that service not available locally.

Like for the air suspension, the covers of the track rods were too tight to fit over the connectors. This time I decided to drill them out a bit. Used a 3mm bit.

Then assembled them to the indicated 50mm length. Same as for the Arocs

Then fix the connector to both A-frames.

No pictures due to dead battery, but decided to use the lift blocks on the front suspension considering the intended use of the truck.

Continued a couple of days later and sanded it all a bit down. In the first picture you can see the lift blocks on the front suspension.

Lots of small bits to be painted ... going to be interesting

The hook-up at the back will be black, but the block is part of the frame, so red.

Still thinking how I am going to paint this front piece... all red or red/white or leave black. The sump protection has to be red though. More sanding there.

This cabin support (apart from the air filter) should also be either red or black.

That is where we are at now. Ready to paint but now high humidity and because no rain for 10 weeks very dusty ... not ideal. Not that big a problem since I seem to be suffering from paint block at the moment ... But we will get there. Hopefully next week all time consuming administrative issues will have been sorted, the real live cars serviced, insurance taken care off and home electrical issues fixed ...