View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Next video I'll remember to do that. You have to reprogram me every so often

Yes putting 1/8" thick bass wood on for decking. But I am going to place a metal stop in frame rails to facilitate the landing legs to stop and allow neck to raise higher. I still don't know if two actuators will be enough power to lift when 60# plus load on. If not I can add one in middle or two. Haides or high water I'm bound to make this work!!!! Also have to figure out the movable kingpin. That might just be gravity to facilitate that or simple spring band. Figured you guys have remote quick change buckets for the excavators, so when I'm not around the easily motivated kids to unhook something I can still enjoy my lounge chair
You've done a fantastic job on this so far! We had a military tri-axle foldable goose neck at work for a couple years that required a winch to hook up to. Since we were using it for testing and didn't take it on the highway, we cheated and welded a couple legs to each side so we could use any available tractor to move it. It was a pain because the legs weren't timed, you had to crank each side separately.
The king pin was in a tube and was gravity activated. It was a 4" pin (read heavy) vs. a standard 2" pin. I would think you could do the same, maybe add a lite spring to make sure it drops when it needs to.