View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flintlock, Indiana. A growing small town

Several of my wonderful citizens are Bruders, 2 guys with green shirts, 1 guy with orange pants. They're a good fit, at 1/14 scale they're around 5 '6". They're not tall, but neither am I. I don't have a good local source for them, so they were all of what was available there.

Post 1, pics 5, 6 are comparing: My Structo Hydraulic Dumptruck with an excessive lift, and a Structo Corvair truck Camper.

The guy with the baseball cap currently driving the Structo dumptruck was part of some outdoor adventure set with a tent, cot, fire, chainsaw, chair, table, some other accessories. Same height as bruders.

The girls are "story! image! figures" out of japan. In scale they're about 5'

George was a kidmeal toy from Wendys, and i wish i'd gotten more of that set. (I like monkeys.)

Darrel from the walking dead put in notice with his old employer and relocated over here at one of the shows last year, and is helping build a trailer. Came with a radio and 1911. He's a little tall, like mid 6' range.

Occasionally the wife has brought her Karl Jung and Sigmond Freud figures out, but i forget who made them. Also there were a lot of big words being used...

I've also been thinking i really need to break down and take atleast one of the builds over to a comic book shop to see if they have any figures that really fits either the car theme or proportions. Or if they have suggestions about who'd be awesome with it.

------

FPV car experiment using a 2006 ''spy video car" guts since the car was always a disappointment and its trans went into Adam-12.

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/08/17/...spy-video-car/

Post 19, Jacob Brown Says: 
September 12th, 2010

I am trying to put together a similar system in an RC airplane.
here is some info i found on the video 2.4 Ghz TX/RX pair that i found in my automotive backup camera(google: PEAK PKC0RC)

this TX/RX pair is common in a lot of video transmitters (info from FCC database)

the TX/RX pair is capable of full color composite NTSC/PAL video and stereo audio, so you could swap out the camera with a color one and add sound as a first mod, you would also need to add a color monitor and speakers/headphones to the receiving end.

the TX/RX has 3 (4) channels that can be selected, by tying one of three pins to ground (or leaving all open)

now i don’t know everything about these transmitters/receivers but here is the schematic

looking down at the Transmiter you should see a white triangle in the upper left corner (if it’s not in the upper left orient yourself so it is), numbering the pins counter-clockwise
pin 1: +5V
pin 2: CS0 (channel select 0, tie to ground for channel 0)
pin 3: CS1 ”
pin 4: CS2 ”
pin 5: BX (band select, tied to ground)
pin 6: GND (ground)
pin 7: RF_OUT (antenna)
pin 8: RF_SHLD (antenna shield)

and on the other side, continuing counter-clockwise
pin 9: GND
pin 10: VIDEO_IN
pin 11: GND
pin 12: LEFT_AUDIO
pin 13: GND
pin 14: RIGHT_AUDIO

and the Reciever
orient yourself so the antenna wire is in the upper left
call the antenna pin 1 and the antenna shield pin 2

pin 1: ANT
pin 2: ANT_SHLD
now going from left to right along the bottom, or counter-clockwise around
pin 3: BX (again not sure what it is, but its tied to ground)
pin 4: SPIDATA/CS2 (channel select 2)
pin 5: SPILE/CS1
pin 6: SPICLK/CS0
pin 7: +5V
pin 8: LEFT_AUDIO
pin 9: RIGHT_AUDIO
pin 10: VIDEO_OUT
pin 11: GND

the CS[0-1] pins look dual use and, in my case are connected to a PIC.
i hope this may help others
-
With this other hack
https://jakehildebrandt.com/2007/09/...unted-display/

Last edited by frizzen; 10-23-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Fpv randomness