View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

D@M IT! I though I was almost done with 3D part printing for a bit......................................BUT...... .............When I checked them out, the Front Body for the front loader had warped a bit. The holes in it DIDN'T match with the template holes SO....I cranked up the heated print bed more, added a larger diameter raft, & try AGAIN

I tinkered with the servo mounting system that will drive the D11 today. I WANTED to use the BLUE one, but it was too big to fit inside against the back wall of the dozer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redcat-Blue-...72.m2749.l2649

20170907_190102 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Instead, I used some that I had previously purchased from robotshop.com, OR was it ServoCity.com..........IDK, can't remember right now.
20170907_185648 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
That's a METAL gear Savox servo there. I had a few that were bad. The potentiometers went bad in them. they WOULDN'T move at all. I disassembled them, removed the pottent, & the motors still worked. Now I'll have to use a Sabertooth 2X5 to run them. that's alright, I got a few on hand here. I may also need to add another mount plate to those 2, to get the drive sprocket in the right position with the tracks. I used 2, & put them together with M3X8mm countersunk screws. Yeah, I know buttonhead screws are more typical for this, but I didn't want them protruding too far out, so went this route.
20170907_185648 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's some pics of the latest company acquisition, an ERTL 1:16 log skidder. She's in rough shape now, & needs a bit of work from the 3D printer before she's ready for work. You know how them @sshats with the Department of Labor & Industries are, safety this, safer that. Personally I kind of like it WITHOUT the top! It fits right in around here, with our Polish hilbilly redneck equipment.
20170907_161017 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20170907_160945 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20170907_155756 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I'm thinking a 3D printed cab, 4 new tires, & rims too. The tires aren't that bad, but I don't think they'll be good once separated from the beat up, cracked, & broken rims that are on it now................... IDK, still on the fence about this project. I may just toss it........not sure yet. IDK how I can make the NON motorized winch on the *** end function as it needs to for an RC skidder. Also I know a solution for the drive, but it would ONLY be 2WD. Figuring out a front drive system...............................may be hard to do.