View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Printed D10T Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.ash View Post
Any thoughts on just releasing the CAD and/or stl's? I have a printer and would love to give it a shot in the spare time I don't have.
You should try autodesk 123d design. It's an easy program to help get started in designing your own stuff.. It's what I use, practice, practice, practice. 😄

Quote:
Originally Posted by titandigs View Post
Fantastic job, how long has it taken to do?
Thank you! I'm a fan of your YouTube videos and machines.👍🏻 Prob about a month and a half. I'd say design took me a week or so, printing took about 2 weeks, and assembly about another 2 weeks. Just about done now, just finishing up a few details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Worst case, you have a really nice trailer queen that can drive around! Hope it's able to push dirt without too much strength issues.
No trailer queen here, I don't see any real issues with strength other than maybe the track pads and sprockets wearing out, but that's realistic in a way. 1:1 dont last forever either. I used #4 drill bushings on all the working joints and after running it around a bit and pushing some chunks of 6x6 on the shop floor, it will push some dirt nicely I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackerman View Post
JDH 429,
What sort of 3d printer are you using? Love the build it is very impressive.

Cheers

Trackerman
Thank you, I use Afinia printers. Very pleased with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Look out Bruder..No coversion here ..way better ..A fully functional model to start with ..Im impressed with your Cad/printer skills and design..Awsome work Jd
Lou, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacmann View Post
wooow nice Work looks very nice
Thank you!

Updated pics soon.