View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What vertical mill to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Eng View Post
Let me preface by saying: I am not a professional machinist or anything. I agree that you should buy the largest machine you can afford/handle. I'm pretty sure even a 3 phase machine can be converted to a single leg fairly easily since ou already have 220v. I personally bought the Grizzly G0463 and have enjoyed it at least for aluminum(6x20 table). One thing I can highly recommend especially if you are new to milling is a variable speed spindle without changing belts, it really helps to dial in cutting speeds for a newbie like me. Additionally I bought my mill because of the weight, at 455lb it's heavy enough to do light work but does not require a forklift to move....this machine also has the capability for a power feed table which I bought and really enjoy. Lastly be prepared to spend as much on tooling as the initial machine investment. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I've been really looking at the grizzly mills go759. Just not sure if there sold in Canada. There is a ton of info out on the net it's crazy trying to figure it all out. What all extra tools will be needed?