View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how do you lock the rear

I lock my diff’s with hot-melt ( glue-gun ) ,
Since that stuff stays somewhat flexible , it allows some very little movement ,
more like it flexes . With that method I never had any issues , no matter how much I pulled or what ever crazy stuff I do with my trucks .
All these other methods maybe a little to stiff , therefore the one or the other experience some damages upon depending how much torque you apply to your axles .
I would like to find a real super heavy grease , which would act like a limited slip differential , but so far no luck . Everything I came across so far was still to thin .
I been also thinking about using shims in the diff’s , to make everything work , but with a lot more resistance , again , similar to a limited slip differential , but didn’t get to that one yet … to much work , not enough time , ha

Besides , these days I am tending to improve my suspension and add weight to the tires and frame , as long you can keep your tires on the ground , you don’t need no locked diff’s , excepted you drive in very loose ground or sand .

this one here has NO locked diff's and I never got stuck with it !
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Trucks...wd_project.htm