View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 08:20 AM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya bolt on reduction gear

I upgraded the 3D printer this weekend so I can print at temperatures above 300C, to be able to print exotic and stronger materials. I had to recalibrate to thing to get the best results. I still need to machine shafts for GRU's an then they will be ready.

I fitted AWD reduction on my truck today, I still have to machine few shafts for my new front axle, so hope to have AWD truck running soon.
Here are few shots of the new setup.

The servo is a bit tilted, so it would be better to move it on to the next hole. But there is no harm if I leave it like this.

Here is how the new axle looks like. I really like how it turned out, cant wait to test it.

So idea is to slide this 2 parts over the cental case, and when you put the axle on the leaf springs, you push it to the end to lock the axle on the leaf springs, then secure it with bolts.

Only problem is, as I wanted more space, I had to turn diff internals other way around, so the axle rotates in the other directions now, so if using stock tamiya rear axle, I need to turn it upside down, to get it spin in the same direction as the front.

Here is a video of testing if new design works Cant wait to do the axle so I can test it on the ground with load.

https://youtu.be/XDZABSqhNZQ