View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDCRAFT TRANSPORT View Post
Reg, you had me hooked right from the first sketch, I keep looking for up-date’s each day. I would love to be able to see this monster in person, a very impressive model, if this is the type of work you can do I look forward to your next build.

A BIG well done Reg & I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of it.
Tim
Thanks very much Tim! If you ever plan a trip to the west coast of Canada, let me know! I would be happy to let you take it for a spin...As far as the hours of enjoyment out of it goes, I already have! The build and seeing it come to life is what makes it enjoyable for me. That and genuine comments like yours. A BIG THANKSto every everyone that has followed along with me on this one!

This morning I spent a while cutting out 54 circles and the cutting out the centers...I made a tool out of a nail, piece of wood, razor blade, a screw and a thumb tack. Once I cut out the circles I made another tool to cut out the centers. It took about 6-8 turns to make each cut so that's about 650-800 turns. My wrist is sore now HAHA. I then glued three pieces together for each tire. A long process but the end result is great! The truck and trailer now support a large amount of weight with little squat in the tires yet they still flex when you drive over a rock. Of course when all of this was done I had to take her out for a test. This is also the first time I have loaded her outside since shimming the diffs. Reg is happy happy now!

Many pics..... and of course video...http://youtu.be/ICljl6usiZo http://youtu.be/eyNYXqC6q8E

First some pics of my foam production...

and then the good stuff!

Headlights on in the shop,

Thanks for looking!