View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Tigercat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Another great build in the works! I like how you found your ring and pinion, for the axles, out of a grinder. I almost feel stupid now, because I was looking for something just like that, and spent hours online trying to find some miniature ring and pinion gears. I did find some, but they were still on the large side for what I needed. It never dawned on me to even consider some cheap grinders. Great idea! The axles look really nice too. This will be a really great looking machine when it's done. Looking forward to it's completion.
My Dad put me on to the grinder idea after I 'd built the diff for my Euc using a Diawa fishing reel gear set. He saw what I was doing and told me he had just thrown out a grinder that would have had gears about that size. I saved a wornout grinder myself last year but it was more expensive to buy another one like it than to buy two new ones at the time. The week after I ripped apart the Kawi grinders the kind that I already had one of came on sale for $20... story of my life!

I haven't done much this week because I've been working and I'm still having grief with my eyes but I did pick up my rotory table and chuck. Now that I have the cart I'll be saving for the horse! I started drilling some holes last night...

Reg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0928.JPG (42.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0929.JPG (55.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0930.JPG (61.5 KB, 92 views)