View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible Spring Show in Monticello, Il

I'll start a new official thread when it's time for it but wanted to update you guys:

June 14-15 is the date we'll be aiming for. This will be formally finalized at our Club Meeting first week of March, but our President is onboard and really excited to see this meet happen. I will start all planning for hotel, dirt, roadway barriers, etc.

The radio seminar and battery/charger seminar will be held each day around noon. There will be no cleanup time needed on Sunday so anyone can leave as early as they need.

The idea I have for the entry fee is this: Maximum $20 for the whole weekend for a pit pass. (Spectators will not be charged) The more guys that show up, the smaller that entry fee will be. I think it's fair to waive this fee if your travel time to get to the event is more than 5 hours. This entry fee is put in place to compensate our facility for hosting this event. For instance power will be provided for the pit area. If we decide to have lunch prepared at the field I will pay for this out of my pocket since I'm the host and don't have to drive anywhere.

Arrangements can be made with me if you need to ship models and fly here. Best airport would be Bloomington IL. Champaign is closer but will usually cost a bit more.

I will be contacting our Vendors. I would love to see any/all of them attend and have parts to sell for no fee to them.

Any other ideas please post or send me a pm.