View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road
Smile Chevy 2500 Pickup and Snow Plow

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Wow, that's an impressive snow plow! I would like to play with 3d printing someday.
Cheer's, Neil.
Thanks Neil! Its been alot of fun so far, I have no complaints

Pretty much wrapped up the plow today. Still needs some sanding and decals, as well as some markers for the plow and wings and maybe some lights down the road. The important part is that it works I ended up lucking out and will be able to use this for my final in my Inventor class. I highly doubt many of my class mates will expect for me to bring in a real model of what I designed Hopefully by next Tuesday I have the little details done too. Anyways, I took the truck and plow to the Kansas show and used it to push some dirt there and was pretty happy with how it performed. Brought it home and after staring at it for a while figured the plow height was too high so I redesigned to be a little shorter. Well I'll shut up and let the pictures and video do the talking

VIDEO:

The pictures from the Kansas show plowing some oil dry.

Dont have any good reference pictures, but this is the second version of the plow. The pictures from Kansas are with the first version. Even now its pretty high but much better that the first one.

Then with the wings I completed today. To date, I haven't been able to find any other RC snow plows that have had wings. (I realize now, because they are a pain in the *** to design for such a simple piece ) But I thought doing the wings would set it apart from all the others. I think the working trip edge sets it apart too.

Thanks everyone for looking, sorry about the phone pictures..... my camera didn't appreciate the flood in the basement haha Should have a few more updates on the plow before it is finished. I think I'm going to take a shot at a working salt spreader too