View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 11:44 AM

540-MAN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My new Knight Hauler/Freightliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Have you got the little limit switch connected up under the 5th wheel?
The 5th wheel switch is locked on all the time with or without trailer.

Quote:
Have you got another battery to try?
I have 2 batteries and they are near new.

Quote:
What exactly happens when it shuts down in top gear? Do you just lose drive, or do you lose everything (i.e. no steering, drive or gearshift)
When it's in top gear the whole thing shuts down like it does when the battery is flat and starts up again.

Quote:
Does it happen as soon as you select top gear, or can you drive it for a while?
If the stick on radio is half throttle it runs fine but as soon as the stick on the radio is flat out it shuts down.

Quote:
What do you need to do to reset the truck..? Is it just a matter of selecting 1st or second gear or removing the trailer, or do you have to turn it off, and then back on to get it to go again?
I have reset the MFU about 3 times so far thinking it might be that but nothing. 1st and 2nd gears are fine not a problem.

Quote:
Is your radio 2.4GHz, or crystal type (27MHz, 29Mhz or 40Mhz)??
The radio is a 2.4GHz.

Quote:
Have you used this radio with the MFC before?
I have never used this radio before at all.

Quote:
Is it an MFC01 or MFC03?
MFC01, I have always used these ones in my other trucks I had and never had a problem with them.

Also the below photo is a photo of my receiver for my truck and I was wondering whether anybody could tell me whether there needs to be a ariel on it because it doesn't have one and I'm thinking the cab might be breaking connection and that's why it could be shutting down.