View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 04:47 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10ish scratch forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
I really admire your engineering skills. Great looking scratch build...
Your cat looks like a Maine Coon...??
Thanks! I gotta admit that, particularly with the 3D printing, it's an iterative process (meaning a lot of trial and error.) You only see the parts that actually came out

For example, here's what happens when the temperature settings are off (or Mercury is in retrograde, printing being as much science as religion or art)

And there are any number of totally failed designs or broken parts. Which I intentionally don't snap photos of

As for our feline assistants, it depends on which cat. The brown one doing the cat scans for me is indeed a Maine Coon. Those ear tufts are the giveaway. She and her sister are very chill and provide free scanning services and occasional perching:

I'd JUST gotten the three conexes stacked up, the big one on top being a bit precarious, and then FOOP, sixteen pounds of cat magically levitates up. I was amazed the whole assemblage didn't come crashing down at any point. The stacker is another project I gotta do a thread for.

The white cat in the videos is the missus' Ragdoll. He's alternately disinterested, as seen with the forklift, scared out of his mind, or belligerent, not knowing whether he should run away from an RC thing or attack it full-force. He's like Sand People (Tuscan Raiders), and frightens easily. Thankfully he doesn't return in greater numbers. One of him is enough =)) [Alec Guiness from Star Wars IV.]

Never a dull moment around here.

Last edited by dremu; 04-16-2021 at 06:49 PM.