View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 07:54 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10ish scratch forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
Nice utility trailer, now you need to build something to pull it with... to small for the 1070 Right now I do mostly conversions, so the right size tires and wheels are can be hard to find what are those tires off of....
Thanks. I actually keep meaning to get into conversions, do some Bruders and the like, though I'm a little intimidated by trying to squeeze in all the electronics. Though 1:10 can have its challenges (like the Abrams for the M1070, what a mess that was!) at least there's generally room to stuff in a decent battery and any RX I want and an Arduino or three and LED's to my hearts desire.

Wrt pulling, funny you ask. Yeah, the M1070 is too big, the M809 actually looks right, because the trailer scale is all wrong, and there's a little Land Rover Defender which should match as it's also 1:10 but is too small. Total Goldilocks and the Three Bears thing going on.

Talking of tires, those tires are totally wrong for the Rover, but they were leftovers from something else ..shrug..

Still, the winch can pull the whole car straight up, just like in "The Gods Must Be Crazy."

I believe the trailer tires are these

https://store.rc4wd.com/Long-Haul-17...res_p_731.html

They have a pretty good tire-sizing tool, where you put in your desired inner and/or outer diameter and/or width, etc, and it spits out matches. I've ended up, I donno, like 3/4 of my tires from them. Only some of the more obscure (or really spendy, like construction equipment) ones I've had to source elsewhere.

Last edited by dremu; 04-16-2021 at 07:57 PM.