View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Did some more work on the dump body and lift. The servo I purchased was a L16 50mm stroke and 63:1. I'm just not that confident of how much this can lift. Options are, I may get the 150:1 actuator that will have more torque/force. (Newton meters or whatever it's rating science is . I need to figure box size and weigh amount of dirt for the volume. That way I'll know before I get too far into it. I was looking at a way to increase the initial couple inches of travel. That is the most demanding part of the stroke. I had some cheep clamps laying around that I pulled the springs out of. I'm using them at the back pivot to help unweight the load. They apply most of the force from all the way down and then gradually let off. Just what I was looking for. I have two installed and a place for third if needed. The empty box will still have enough weight to settle down.

That is one of the larger springs. I have two of the smaller one installed.

And if needed they can be cut down so nothing protrudes. Even if they are left that way none of that area in in conflicting with other things.