View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Ok I need to do some work on the 4200. Leaking cylinders are down to just the bucket. I may take apart again. I think the pump is leaking, kept noticing oil inside. That may also be from some spitting out the vent fitting they use. But I had a towel stuffed around that so I'm pretty sure it's something in pump. In the pic there is oil everywhere but that is because I tried to jockey up onto two 4x4s and forgot about the tank and breather- didn't have the hydraulic power to lift itself- because I emptied the hydro dank!!! Lol!!!' Just going to do some revamping for now. Wintertime will get a whole new machine.

Going to eliminate the on/off switches for drive and turntable esc's. No need for um. Add filters. Re rout hoses to be more finger friendly. Possibly make a new tank but at least get rid of the vent. Not eliminating it but changing or running a hose to outside at least. Possibly relocating everything to help battery placement. And making some sort of user friendly hood. Oh and adding some on/off switch , possibly consield in cab. I have anniversary this weekend so I have about two weeks before she needs to be running.

The dump truck project has become a filler job