View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rims for RC Tractors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I am with you on what you are wanting I think. You want the rim to bolt on and be further from the tractor for clearance right? The front wheels of the TRAXXAS Rustler/Stampede have a lot of negative offset and to make them look better use a hole saw and cut out a plate to fill in the center. Here is a link to them Click Here

Stupid me, I got it backwards and bought the rear rims, which have more positive offset. Exactly the opposite of what I thought. I used to have a Rustler, same as a Stampede, for the most part, but I couldn't remember. I should be able to return the rims, as I never opened the packages, but they were so cheap, I might not worry about it. $7 for two. Thanks for the link.

Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
"I don't even know who to talk to for something like that." yea you do just might take awhile he's still trying to get the back log done on top of real life
I didn't really know you were in the ag tractor rim business, Steve, but since you mentioned it, maybe we can talk. I don't know how soon my tractor will need rims. I seem to work pretty slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
Travis, those rims for the tractors that I've done here lately bring the tires in to close,& will rub on the inside of the fenders. The one's that I glued the hubs into are perfect. As soon as I get back into town I'll give you the part #. It's also going to depend on which tractor your doing.
Espeefan,you might want to build the machine,or at least get the axles mounted.Then do some measuring before you order rims. Or you could be like me & are now sitting on 3 sets that don't work! Also if any of these that I have will work for you,I'll sell them to you dirt cheap.
Which tractor are you thinking of doing? I thought you said something about one of them red ones.
FGD
I'm working on a Case IH 600 4WD.

Like I mentioned to Travis, I got mixed up and ordered the wrong rims. They were cheap though, and I can still send them back. Or use some wideners I have laying here. What I'd really like to do is narrow the Stampede tires I have and stick with the duals. Have to see. Seems all these 1/16 scale tractors have about the same frame width. The Tamiya axle's mounting flat (with the holes for screws) are just a smidge wider then the tractor frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Well your best bet is to get off the computer and go down to your LHS and see what they have that will work. On my International I used actual tractor rims and tires made for toy tractors that I bought at a farm toy show.

You can go to Toy Farmers web site Link and look for shows that will be in your area and there are usually a few different vendors there selling tractor parts.

Travis
Thanks for the link. I used to go to toy shows, but haven't been to one in years. I wonder what people would think if they saw one of these Ertls gone RC.