View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Wow, great work on the swing bearing!! I've tossed around the idea of making bearings. Can never find the right size and if I do it's $$$!!! Yup, keep the pictures coming, I usually post pics because I need a break or because something just isn't working out and it's just enough to walk away and regroup. Speaking of that, how is that motor gearbox holding up on the haul truck? This front shovel is going to be a big boy!! Any guess as to how much it may weigh when done??
Thanks....I was originally going to buy some big tapered roller bearings for the swing bearing and like you changed my mind after finding out the price, so desided to try build a bearing (was most likely cheaper to buy the bearings if a person considers all the time spent in making it...lol) one thing I like about it is it will transfer the load over a big area unlike some of the models using a small bearing. This model will be heavy and if I did the math right should be able to lift between 80-100lbs or I could just be fooling myself into believing that!

The banebots motor gear box has held in there so far, have stretched the#25 chain and have needed to tighten it a few times but the motor hasn't given any troubles yet...knock on wood...you know how that works...watch the next time I use it something will pile up I want to tear it apart and look at the gears and see if there is any possible failure about to happen, or at the very least clean it and apply new grease....pulling the motor out of that truck is not much fun so I think that's why I haven't yet

Not sure how heavy it will be, if I had to guess I would say it will be in the 140-160lbs range but I could be completely out to lunch on that guess, may even end up being heavier...lol...knowing the size of it and the way I build stuff it will most likely end up being 200lbs HEEHEE