View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
I'm a technical trainer for a Komatsu distributor in Kentucky & Indiana. Mostly, I teach our technicians but sometimes do troubleshooting classes for customers. Our territory has shovels up to the PC5500 and trucks up to 240 tons, but with the coal market going to h3ll, many of the larger machines are being parked.

Ken
Awesome!!!! Now I know who's brain to pick for info!! Finding good reference pics on line for this machine has proven a challenge....so I'm cheating a bit by looking at the PC2000 which has a great deal of similarities to the older 1800. I was almost going to switch the build to a 2000 but decided to keep going with the 1800. One thing I like about the 1800 in the length and size of the body/house section, gives more room for the full size valves etc, the modular design of the 2000 just wouldn't work. I do however like the overall looks of the 2000 over the 1800 but the design of the 1800 will be somewhat easier to build.

Is it OK to post reference pics from the online Komatsu brochure of the shovel...I would like to post one of the pics with all the size references on it ? Or if anyone else knows the answer let me know....that would be great !