Thread: Trommel Build
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trommel Build

Jim, The first thing i wanted to do was make sure that i could dump into the hopper without any issue so measured the width of buckets on my machines. Then yes like you mentioned, i wanted to be able to park trucks under the drum or just use the front loader to move material out. Thats why its so tall at 23" to the top of the bin and 30" wide on the outer legs. I plan to build conveyors to stick under the drum as well for stock piling...Havent got that far yet though. One thing i wish i wouldve done was make the shaker bin angled so a screen could be layed on top to catch any really large clumps. I may address that in the future if i find its a real problem. The passage from the bin to the shaker pan is smaller so that would keep anything too large from going into the drum anyway..

A crusher would be cool, Prob not too difficult. I did look at a few online before starting this but wanted to sort by size because i was interested in building a road using asphalt grindings i have..Thats what got me started down this path..

I try to scale everything to 1/15 to work with the Bruder and Tamiya stuff. Heres a few poser shots with Bruder and Ertl 1/16 stuff.