View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to keep the ship afloat

As a few of you know, my Toptech(Optimum)BF30 mill has been down for almost a month. My dealer no longer carries the mill because of huge cost increases and electrical issues like I've had so it's made getting a new circuit board more challenging. They had two boards in stock but were not sure if either were new. After trying both and not fixing the problem we are now waiting for a new board from China which may take some time. In the mean time I have a local machine shop sparky looking at my old board to see if can be repaired and my wife and I bought this little guy yesterday so that I can at least get some small, simple jobs done. This little machine is no Cadillac but I'm hoping it will see me through the simplest of tasks to keep customers happy. I am looking at buying a new mill in the very near future to replace the BF30 but they are also a few weeks away and I can't afford to take the summer off while I'm waiting. Hopefully this little duffer will keep the ship afloat! My expectations for this thing are realistic so I'm hoping they are met!lol