View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Now it´s clear why you had to spend a lot of money on tubing. Very nice piece of work, guess I have to visit you next time in us to get a crash corse in brazing!
Do you have drawing for this or did you have to climb the mast to get all meassurments needed?
Dan
I could have measured a real boom of a 9W last year but couldn't get out to do it while it was on the ground being painted. But,
I have some drawings provided by Walter Bennett of Scranton,PA. He built a 3/8th'' scale 10W Dragline between 1967-1980 and has several photos and measurements he took back then. In his collection he had a set of photos and drawings dated:March 1969 that were of a 9W boom that he made by mistake thinking it was the same as his 10W. They are fairly complete but I still had to design it by referring to his photos and drawing and use my imagination alot. I have some drawings of my own of the point and I'll get to that I hope this winter.

Lorenzo,
The notching is exactly as the real machine and all the pieces are sized almost exactly as the real machine.