Old 10-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That's pretty trick Lou.

What's the volume of the oil tank made?
Thanks Joe ..thinking it is close to 2.5 ounces by my math Joe ..should be enough I hope ..BTW what is the volume of a leimbach tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekwarner_decoy View Post
Lou....after spending 18 years as our Australian steel industry contract facilitator for cylinders, I am intrigued with the pair of double acting steering cylinders as shown

Lets consider....steer to the right = add pressurised fluid to the blind side of the left hand cylinder and at the same time add pressurised fluid to the rod side of the right cylinder

Sounds simple...yes, however without some form of proportional control, as the equal flow of pressurised fluid will retract the right cylinder faster than the left cylinder extending due to the annular difference or smaller surface area within the rod side of the right cylinder when retracting

PS.....your build looks amazing & I look forward to seeing it progress.............Derek
Thanks...kind of makes sense but it works ok with these small machines Now looking back at the pics i have to do some replumbing ..did you spot the error ..steering hoses need to be swapped around