View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Well................I DIDN'T have all the stuff I thought I had. I had it all, but DIDN'T have enough of everything! The wheels I used ALL the epoxy that was suppose to do the WHOLE project, just to do the rear wheels. Even then, I fell short of materials. The 4mm Screws I have, AREN'T long enough to pass through the wheels, let alone the adapter plates. I did what I could, with what I had.

Each wheel took around 6 U.S. Ounces of epoxy to fill. I had planned for 3Oz. per wheel. I thought I had some more of it from a previous project. I DID, but it wasn't any good. It had hardened in the bottles, it was so old. Here's what I got done, with the supplies I had. One wheel is completed. The other still needs about 2Oz. more to finish.
unnamed (12) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I got the holes all drilled into the rear axle. I used blue Lock-tite on the mounting hubs to the motors. Pictures beside this is the lead I bought to use for the wheel weights. One spool does 2 wheels at a half a pound per wheel.
unnamed (14) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (13) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The motors I intend to use are 12V 80RPM motors. They may be a bit fast for this project BUT..............they are what I have laying around. I figured I'd put them to use. Long story on how I ended up with 30 of them. I ordered them form Deal Extreme. I paid with PayPal. the website said my payment DIDN'T go through. I looked at the online bank statement, & it didn't show the PayPal transaction, 30 minutes after I made it. I re-sent the payment. The website STILL said it DIDN'T process. 30 minutes later, after STILL not seeing a PayPal transaction, I re-sent payment AGAIN. Once again, the website said the payment didn't process. At this point I gave up, & went to sleep for the night. the next morning, I awake to find 3 PayPal transactions had cleared. I also had 3 emails form Deal Extreme, stating that my order was processed. No worries, I thought, I'll get my 10 motors I ordered. Fast forward a few weeks, & I get home from work to find 3 packages from Deal Extreme awaiting me. :LOL: