View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My G Scale Train Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Thanks Man, I hear ya on the expensive hobbies part. Yes the Locos run on track power. I figured out real fast i needed more traction hense the lead blocks on the locos. Those are the only two locos i have that are currently DCS controlled (remote operated). Hopefully next year i may have a few more converted for some extra muscle.
I balanced the blade by machining a pin to fit the mounting hole and then pressed the smallest, freest spinning bearings i could fine onto the pin and made a bearing block to clamp in the vise. Then kept rotating the blade and watched the heavy side always stopped downward then added tack welds to the lights side till it always stopped in different locations. It really worked out well cause when i originally fired it before balancing...it was scary.

Yes i got a cheap stick radio to control the rotary so it wouldnt be running full bore all the time. Using a 55 turn RC4WD motor, 2:1 gear reducer and ESC.
Very cool, JD. I was also watching some of your other videos. Machine gun shoot, your diesel Toyota crawler (very cool), even the Halloween video. That one cracked me up! That body hanging from what looked like an engine hoist was freakishly realistic! How did you do that?