View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1983-91 Econoline Ambulance

I got another cheap chinese 20a esc with brake (like my VW T2 has) and i got it set up on the axle. Seems to have pretty good balance without being really fast, and i modded the axle to let me manually change the high/low shift fork from the bottom. 

Steering is just a horizon spms401 servo, like the vw. I'm going to have to think a while about mounts and linkages.

I modified the headlight lens to take a 5mm white led. The grill has been modified for 3mm red leds.

I dug into the rear box and found out that the lights are currently set up with 4 chrome buckets. so on each side the front 3 lights are one lamp, the back 3 are one lamp. I don't know if this will limit and simplify things, or make me work much harder to do what i wanted.

I moved the lenses around to something that seems more right. The blue lenses will be changed to white once i figure out some stuff.

I was thinking i would run the lightbar sides together, alternating on off with the forward on the cube. And the sides alternating with the lights next to each other. This kinda shoots that plan down.

Now i'm wondering if i should take the easy path and put the left grille, right lightbar, left forward cube, right aft cube together, alternating with the opposite. Or if i need to run several cirucits with different timing. Or if i need to throw a few more leds on the back.

Too many words

Flashy cars take lots of planning.

Last edited by frizzen; 11-06-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Pic