View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's the diff ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
now you post a bloody pic of them
Sorry Steve. I didn't know you had a 992 project cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Those two axles weigh almost as much as my entire 325hp 4wd tractor... that's difficult for me to process.
I was 23yrs old the first time I worked on a 992C. I was in awe with a hint of fear for about a week before I got use to the size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Hmm not exactly pot metal, abs, and 3mm screws ....

Don't drop that spider gear. You can find it in a hurry but your leg might still be under it.
Absolutely! True story..... I've seen a guy spinning a planetary gear in the housing with his finger. ( goofing around of course )When he reached to keep it spinning, the gear caught his finger in the housing and sheared his index finger tip right off at the first knuckle! So much weight and inertia never even slowed the gear down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Don't knock that one off the jack stands!
If I do.....EVERYBODY in the building is gonna know it!
Slow and steady lifts. Using chain falls and the shop crane to roll these big chunks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
So that's what your mug looks like. I can see how you are happy to be at home working on truck/equipment parts,, our "toys" are finger friendly, your work stuff is not body friendly!! Some big work toy parts!!!!
My mug and my wife Susan's mug can be found on the mugshot thread.
Ya, it always takes extra focus when working with big components. one brain fart can cost much more than a cut or bruise.