View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:55 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Well the month January has been rather quiet, grain prices have been lower than Fall, so I haven't made any deals lately, still have about a third of my 2016 crop to price yet.

I get a call from my neighbor last night that his turbo blew mid afternoon, sitting out on the road just off the hiway a few miles from the country elevator, can I come him a hand tomorrow & bring my trk to empty his & tow him to town? Sure!

Last 3 weeks have been like Spring with Sunday's temps @10C, this morning cool off to -15C & with 30 - 40km/hr wind, windchill was like -25C. DAYUM it was cold!!! Even though we had to hand shovel the trk, it was still difficult to keep warm, for me anyway.

Neighbor in tow @about 50 - 60km/hr, 50 some km to get it to a repair shop. Whole trk was covered in oil, squirt some windex to try to clean windows & it froze in seconds.

Anyways, it was good to get out & do something different today.

Last week, same neighbor was at another neighbor's for a visit & bought that guy's B train hoopers, old trls, but didn't have a tractor to pull them home. Couple days later he takes me trk shopping to help him pick out a trk, he settled on a low mileage 2001 9900 International w/ 550hp ISX Cummins, 18spd, 4.10 46's, pretty sweet workhorse, very clean & everything felt tight. I drove it home for him & picked up his trls along the way cause he doesn't have a cdl. So I guess now this Friday I'll drive his semi to finish hauling the last of his malt barley, 10 mile haul. I'll drive there loaded, he can drive back empty & get some practice.

Joe